Funny that. Anyhow, I thought it would be a really quick and easy post to write as I love Christmas so much, and we were asked to choose our 12 favourite things about the festive season. Turns out, it's extremely difficult. I found it so hard to narrow it down to just twelve!
The Center Parcs Winter Wonderland Expert, Nick Oot, came up with a list of his own for inspiration, and my favourite there was his first tip - decorations. Did you know they use more than 2,700 kg of artificial snow to create the perfect Winter Wonderland setting? Or, that they put up around 1,500m of fairy lights? Carry on reading to see where decorations figured in my list!
To make it even more challenging for myself, I decided that I should share out the numbers and let the other members of my family each pick their favourite three things. So here goes:
2. Mummy (my second favourite answer)
3. Terry (no, not a pet name for Santa, it's her soft toy that goes everywhere)
Short and sweet.
4. You get to spend time with your whole family (aahhh, this was my fave answer)
5. Towards the end of opening presents you get to scramble under the Christmas Tree
6. Advent calendars
I agree with all of these, except for the scrambling now that I'm old and wrinkly. Loved it when I was younger.
7. Minstrel Santa pot (see photo)
8. Seeing the girls excited and happy
9. Christmas lunch
Number 8 is my main raison d'etre, and now I have a Christmas Pud full of Munchies I can add that to his number 7.
Little Old Me
10. Christmas baking - no Christmas pudding or Christmas cake in this house though, can't stand them. Cupcakes all the way for me!
11. Decorations; both on the Tree & taking girls to see the big light shows on local houses
12. Panto - see my recent post about how we managed this as a family here.
So there you have it, in a nutshell (kind of). There's so much I've had to leave out - Christmas is the most magical time of the year, after all!
This is my entry to the Center Parcs and Tots 100 December Challenge. If I'm chosen, I would like to visit Elveden Forest. #CPFamilyBreaks